1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilds arrived

Discussion in 'One in One Hundred' started by Aberdeen John, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Steve Lancashire

Steve Lancashire Active Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi John,

Since I got my Wilds of Stuart who got them originally off Clive I have been reading everything I can on this forum and others about keeping wild discus. The photos you put up originally are no longer visible due to funding issues and server space to host the pictures on the forum. How are you getting on with your wilds, have you still got them all, any problems experienced and how did you overcome them would be good to hear. Also have you got a link to a Flickr or Photobucket account where we could see the pictures?

Cheers,

Steve
    streety likes this.
  2. Aberdeen John

Aberdeen John Active Member

Hi Stuart, as you may recall I won 4 wilds over a year ago, unfortunately I lost one about 4 or 5 months ago no idea why it just stopped eating stayed in the corner for a few months till one morning I found it on its side goneeeeee.
    on a brighter note I still have the 3. when I received them from Clive he said he had been feeding them B/W to get them to eat, so I continued this along with prime, flake and a mixture of frozen foods just to keep them from getting bored of same food.
    I only have a 4ft tank so not much room for more than 8 or 9 I have 6 in at the moment, along with 5 Bolivian Rams 4 corries and 15 neon's.
    but I have 2 big externals and 50% water change twice a week so not had any problems with any of them.
    I was putting in frozen B/W along with Frozen Brime Shrimp and they started eating both, then I added the prime with the B/W and so on you get the picture, so now I have the 3 wilds 1 blue Coronation, 1 all white 1 all red.
    was looking at buying 8 or so Red from mark at IP Discus, as he is only a few miles away from me, but would need to get rid of what I have, so till then I'm stuck with what I have.
    would get rid of all small fish too if it helped me get that one extra fish in there lol, don't have pics of tank from up to date but will try later on to post one
  3. Steve Lancashire

Steve Lancashire Active Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi John, it's Steve not Stuart by the way. If you have photos you can upload them to a free Photobucket hosting site, or Flickr account does the same thing. Once uploaded you just right click on the photo, select copy the link URL, then paste the link into your post on BIDKA.

Have a look at the post below for more info.

http://www.forum.bidka.org/posts/289472/

Cheers

Steve
  4. Aberdeen John

Aberdeen John Active Member

oups sorry bout that Steve, will have a look later on this week

thxs