1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congatulations to the Team & Thank You

Discussion in '2009 British Discus Show' started by Cuneyt Birol, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Cuneyt Birol

Cuneyt Birol Member

Turkey Turkey
    It was a great pleasure and honour for me to spend time with you all as a judge during the British Discus Show 2009. It was a very well organized show and a big success with all the participants, trade partners, discus championship and the lectures. I want to congatulate all the Team members who worked very hard to turn this event into a big success. I observed how determined and hard working Paul was with the Team. Just to mention a few names; Mike OS, Slackey, Yvonne, Paul & Ange, Mark, Tom, Linda & Roger, Robin...and all the others that I fail to remember. You all did a great job. Congrats again.

It was really great to judge along with my dear friends Andrew, Jeff, Jorg, Sid & Mike.

This show was also a great opportunity to meet new people and make new, good friends. To mention a few, Martha, The Vikings:), JazzyJeff, Roy, Andy, Barrie and the ones whom I can not remember the names. (I am an old man as you all know)

I want to thank everybody who turned this show into a very special event. Thank you Paul for inviting me, Thank you Steve; (Steve.r ) my good friend, for introducing me to this wonderful society.... Wish you could make it to the how. You really missed lots of good stuff. And a very special thank you goes to Pat; Turkishpat, who greeted me at the airport, gave me a lift to the Show and who has been a very good company during the entire Show. Thank you my friend.

I especially want to thank you all for being especially careful in pronouncing my name. :)

Thank you all for your great hospitality and your friendship. I really feel like a Bidka member now. ( I even have a purple Bidka shirt ) : )
  2. Mark Evenden

Mark Evenden BIDKA Mentor & Sponsor Staff Member

Yes, sorry about that..........:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
  3. mmorris

mmorris BIDKA Member & Show Shareholder

It was wonderful meeting and getting to know you, Cuneyt! :)
    Martha
  4. Paul

Paul BIDKA Founder

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cuneyt, thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting with you.
  5. bazzle

bazzle Show Team & BIDKA Mentor

Maybe next time I will be able to send you back with a snake ;)
  6. Slackey

Slackey Administrator Staff Member

Thank you Cuneyt for taking the time and and travelling to our show. It was a pleasure to meet you and I am sure that we will meet again.:D
  7. mike os

mike os Administrator Staff Member

Cüneyt arkadaşım, zevk tüm benimdi. Gerçek bir sevinç ve bir sonraki zaman için sabırsızlanıyoruz;)
  8. Paul@discusSouth

Paul@discusSouth New Member

Hey Cuneyt. I was very pleased to meet you after hearing a lot if good things about you. You were very good company and a great source of knowledge and amusement. Thanks for judging our fish and for coming such a long way to show support for the BIDKA show [The BRITISH Discus Show]:evilgrin::evilgrin:

I hope you went home with great thoughts about the show and BIDKA members. It takes a huge amount of effort to put these things on and the guys did very well. It's only by putting these things on and getting new discus keepers involved that we will perpetuate this wonderful hobby of ours. Perhaps when you have the Turkish show some members from the UK and Sweden will attend - truly international;);) Duisburg could be good next year too:D

Thanks Cuneyt, great to meet you

Paul :cool:
  9. Andy Lister

Andy Lister New Member

Hi Cuneyt

Just really to echo the words of everyone else! Brilliant to see that people travel so far for events like this and it's amazing to see the passion everyone has for the hobby / industry.

Pleasure to meet you and I look forward to seeing you again!

Good luck with my pellets too! Let me know how you get on!

Andy
  10. Cuneyt Birol

Cuneyt Birol Member

Turkey Turkey
    Thank you all for your kind words. Now, I know that I have geniune friends in the UK. I am living here with the Show and you people still in my mind.

I opened a new tread at our Turkish forum, (Discus Fun Club forum) yesterday about the Show and the results. There are already more than 430 views and 20+ comments on it in 24 hours. The Show became the hottest topic in minutes. :)

I am looking forward to seeing you all soon. Thank you again for your warm welcome and great hospitality.

P.S.: I wrote my original post on an old notebook and realized that the dumb machine did not type some of the the "R"s and "S"s after I posted the tread. :doh: They are not spelling mistakes. My English is bette than that. lol :)
  11. Roger Green

Roger Green BIDKA Member & Show Shareholder

Hello Cuneyt

It was a pleasure to meet you at the show, your purple shirt will certainly make you stand out in the crowd.

The plate looks really good on the dresser in the sitting room. Thank you for all your good wishes and we look forward to meeting you again one day.

Good luck for Christmas and the new year.

Roger and Linda Green
  12. scottishdiscus

scottishdiscus Gone but not forgotten

Pleasure meeting and judging with you also , we will have to do it again sometime
    Take care my friend

Sid