1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colbalt Blue turned Black - Help Please!!!!

Discussion in 'Our Community' started by samsie, Jun 26, 2012.

1. samsie

samsie New Member

Hi Guys - wonder if anyone can help me please.

I have a very large Colbalt Discus (male I think). Over the last 2 - 3 months it has changed colour from a bright, stunning blue to a very charcoal, black colour. He seems absolutley fine in general - feeding well, active and still trying to chat the ladies up!! He sometimes lays on his side in an arched position, but I think thats part of his courtship act as it is only periodic rather than constant. He is not cramped up in a corner at any time and remains mid water amongst the other fish ( approx 10 discus and 120 Cardinals, 3 bristlenoses and a zebra plec. The other fish are all fine and have their full colour.

I have had the tank set up at 28c with mainly RO water, but have now tried mixing it with treated tap water to see if that makes a difference...nothing! feeding on bloodworm,flake and Tera Prima. I carry out a water change no less than once a week. Ph is approx 6.8.

He's such a pretty fish normally but it seems odd why he's changed colour....any help would be gratefully received as I want to get him back to his best.

Kind Regards,

Mike
  2. toprod

toprod Moderator & BIDKA Mentor Staff Member

Hi Mike, I would run some tests on your water to start with, we have something to start with then. Oh! and :w: to BIDKA.;)